- July 18, 2022
- Posted by: Vikki Howells MS
- Category: Latest News
Here’s my round up from the last week of the Senedd term.
My next weekly round up will be available after the recess. Over the summer, I’ve a full diary of activities planned around Cynon Valley. However, if you need any advice or assistance, please don’t hesitate to get in touch:-
☎ 01685 881388
📩 27 High Street, Aberdare, CF44 7ND
In the meantime, please stay safe in this heat! 🌞
- Visit to Zip World Tower to see their new ‘Tower Climber’ attraction.
- Took part in events with Maesgwyn School and Park Lane School.
- Visit to Maesnewydd Garden Centre.
- Visit to DWP offices in Aberdare.
- Attended some of the excellent Caradogfest activities.
- Organised round table meeting with Welsh Government to discuss extension of passenger rail services to Hirwaun.
- Chaired meeting of the Cross Party Group on Small Shops which discussed the recently published Welsh Government Retail Strategy.
- Asked the First Minister about ensuring we maximise employment opportunities within the green economy.
- Questioned the Economy Minister about training for Welsh language education and childcare staff.
- I asked the Welsh Government how it is working to make sure information about inclusive play opportunities is more readily available.
- Council tax in Wales is set to be made fairer under new plans put forward by the Welsh Government.
- People have been urged to take precautions as temperatures rise.
- A £450,000 project (in RCT) will explore whether water from disused mines has the potential to play a vital role in supplying Wales’ energy needs for years to come.
- Final advice about the autumn Covid-19 vaccination programme 2022 has been published. Information on the flu vaccination strategy for this winter has also been released.