- December 10, 2021
- Posted by: Vikki Howells MS
- Category: Latest News
As another busy week in Cynon Valley draws to a close, please find below details of some of my highlights from the past seven days:-
- Meeting with Persimmon to follow up on various constituency casework issues.
- Regular catch up on air with local radio station GTFM.
- Meeting with local businesses to discuss regeneration and construction opportunities within Cynon Valley.
- Raised issues relating to Aberdare Market and local Christmas fayres in the Senedd.
- Questioned the First Minister on the updated Programme for Government, raising issues around staying safe during the pandemic, tackling holiday hunger and ensuring social care staff in Wales get paid the real Living Wage.
- Discussed Welsh Government policies to support town centre regeneration.
- I was a guest on ITV’s Sharp End.
- I was elected Chair of the Senedd’s Cross-Party Group on Small Shops at its inaugural meeting for this Senedd term.
- Took part in the Economy, Trade and Rural Affairs Committee’s inquiry into HGV Driver Shortage and Supply Chain Issues.
- Every household in Wales will be given a free tree to plant as part of the Welsh Government’s commitment to tackle climate change.
- Changes to the school day are to be trialled.
- The outcomes of the ‘deep dive’ into barriers to increasing renewable energy production have been published.
- Work has started to reform Council Tax in Wales – there will be a public consultation next year.
- Testing capacity has been increased to identify the Omicron variant of COVID-19 in Wales.