- June 10, 2022
- Posted by: Vikki Howells MS
- Category: Latest News
It’s been another busy seven days representing Cynon Valley. Here are some of my highlights from the past week.
- Visit to Merthyr-Cynon Foodbank distribution centre in Cwmaman.
- Met with pupils and staff at Rhigos Primary School Breakfast Club.
- Visit to Men’s Shed in Hirwaun and tour of the local YMCA.
- Went along to the Women’s Aid base in Aberdare to find out more about their work and how they are supported by the National Lottery Community Fund.
- Raised access to Coronavirus booster vaccines for people living in Cynon Valley with Welsh Government.
- Chaired the regular meeting of the Senedd’s Standards of Conduct Committee. We have just launched an inquiry into lobbying and you can find out details of this here.
- New fund launched to support unpaid carers in Wales during the cost of living crisis.
- A new flagship Welsh Government programme, which will provide personalised support to people who are not currently in education, training or employment to find and stay in work has been launched by Economy Minister Vaughan Gething MS.
- On Tuesday 7 June, the Social Partnership and Public Procurement Bill was laid before the Senedd by Welsh Government.
- Some of the most vulnerable households in Wales will receive further help with soaring energy bills, as Social Justice Minister Jane Hutt MS launched a £4m fuel voucher scheme.