- June 11, 2021
- Posted by: Vikki Howells MS
- Category: Latest News
It’s been another busy week! Please find below some of my highlights from the past few days.
- During Volunteer’s Week, I visited Cynon Valley Organic Adventures for their Big Lunch, when they said thank you to all their volunteers for their efforts. Also attending were Children’s Commissioner for Wales Sally Holland and representatives of Interlink RCT.
- Meeting with the Director for Wales of the Community Transport Association, the national charity that represents community transport groups.
- Joined GTFM for the launch of their new transmitters as they expand their radio coverage into Cynon Valley.
- As Vice-President of Cwmbach Male Choir, it was a pleasure to be able to wish the choir a happy 100th birthday.
- I asked the Economy Minister how the Welsh Government will build on the work of the Valleys Taskforce during this Senedd term.
- I raised support for women undergoing the menopause with the Health Minister and secured a commitment that she would review current provision.
- I delivered a statement noting that the last ‘pacer’ train journey on the Transport for Wales had taken place recently.
- I met with the Asthma UK and British Lung Foundation Partnership to discuss how we can work together to improve lung health during this Senedd term. I have joined the Cross-Party Group they support which is championing the need for a Clean Air Act (a Welsh Labour manifesto commitment!) and was thrilled to be asked to become one of the charity’s Lung Champions in the Senedd.