- July 16, 2021
- Posted by: Vikki Howells MS
- Category: Latest News
This is my last Weekly Round Up before the Senedd goes into recess. You can follow my constituency activities on my social media channels, but I will be posting my next Round Up when formal Senedd business recommences in September.
- I attended the official opening of the expanded Cylch Meithrin Seren Fach in Mountain Ash. I was pleased to help this provider of Welsh medium early years education access funding for the project through the Welsh Government’s Community Facilities Programme.
- I met with the Manager and Chair of Cynon Valley Museum to discuss various on-going projects.
- I attended a meeting with residents in Ynysybwl to discuss flooding and flood prevention.
- I met with local police at Aberdare Police Station for an update on various issues.
- I chaired my first meeting of the Senedd’s Standards of Conduct Committee.
- The Senedd’s Economy, Trade and Rural Affairs Committee met for the first time, and held a virtual meeting with stakeholders at the Royal Welsh Show 2021.
- I refounded the Cross-Party Group on Industrial Communities, and chaired our first meeting of the term where we agreed our programme of work for the next year.
- I joined other Cross-Party Groups, including those set up on Long COVID, Diabetes, Small Shops and Poverty.
- The Welsh Government announced the latest review of the Coronavirus regulations in place to keep us safe. Find out more.
- The Self-Isolation Support Scheme has been extended until March 2022 for people on low incomes who need to self-isolate due to Coronavirus.
- The Welsh Government announced how it will lead on the planting of new trees to tackle climate change – we need to plant 86 million within the next nine years.
- The Health Minister published her latest update on vaccination rates in Wales.