- December 17, 2021
- Posted by: Vikki Howells MS
- Category: Latest News
This will be my last weekly round up ahead of the Christmas holidays. I hope you, your family and friends have a happy and healthy Christmas. I will be back with my next round up in the New Year.
- Attended Cwmbach Male Choir’s Christmas Concert in St Elvan’s.
- Meeting with Barclays Bank executives to discuss their Aberdare branch, with Cllr Mike Forey.
- Met with Transport for Wales bosses to discuss Aberdare line train services.
- Visit to Aberdare Delivery Office to meet our local posties.
- Meeting with NEST to discuss how they help keep homes in Cynon Valley warm and energy efficient.
- Spoke in discussion on Welsh Government’s new National Milestones to measure progress in certain key areas.
- Asked Welsh Government for their view on banking hubs, which would bring different high street banks together in one building.
- Raised the Winter Fuel Support Scheme and asked about wider Welsh Government support for households in Wales.
- Called for a ban on trail hunting on public land in Wales.
- New advice has been published to keep Wales safe this Christmas.
- School and colleges operational arrangements from January 2022 have been published.
- The Welsh Government has announced over £24m of additional funding to support learners who have felt the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic the most.
- First Minister outlines ambitious aim to offer all eligible adults a booster appointment by end of year.
- Economy Minister sets out plans for Banc Cambria, Wales’ new Community Bank.