- April 1, 2022
- Posted by: Vikki Howells MS
- Category: Latest News
This is my last Weekly Round Up ahead of the Easter recess. In the meantime, please find below some of my activities from the past seven days.
- Meeting with Jack Lewis, Cynon Valley’s Member of the Welsh Youth Parliament (pictured).
- Met with Ysgol Gyfun Rhydywaun’s School Council.
- Met with Split the Difference, a new mental health service covering RCT to discuss some of the support they offer locally.
- Return visit to Penderyn Distillery, a global success story based here in Cynon Valley.
- Spoke in a plenary discussion on coal tip safety.
- Meeting with the Minister for Economy to discuss Welsh Government support for businesses in Cynon Valley.
- Chaired my regular meeting of the Senedd’s Standards of Conduct Committee.
- There have been changes to Coronavirus testing rules, safe guidance for care homes and related matters from Welsh Government.
- The White Paper outlining the Welsh Government’s ambitious vision for bus services in Wales has been published.
- There will be a Living Wage uplift for NHS Wales staff.
- A further £5million investment for long COVID services has been announced.