- May 21, 2021
- Posted by: Vikki Howells MS
- Category: Latest News
During this Senedd term, I will be posting a regular round up of some of the highlights from the past seven days. If you ever have any questions or would like further information, please just get in touch.
- I met with the Aberdare BID team to discuss Aberdare town centre issues.
- After helping St Elvan’s secure funding to transform the interior of the church and create some new community space, I visited the church to see how works were progressing. It was lovely to meet some of the Aberdare Town Church School Senedd and students from St John Baptist High School who were also taking a look at the project. Thanks to Father Robert for the invitation to visit.
- I held a remote meeting with members of the Unison trade union who live in Cynon Valley, to discuss shared campaigns we can work on together over this Senedd term.
- The Senedd Business Committee, which sets the business of the Senedd in terms of its plenary timetable and committee structure, was elected.
- I raised a variety of queries with new Welsh Government Ministers on behalf of Cynon Valley residents, including GP recruitment in the Valleys, support for aquaculture, funding for businesses in the hospitality sector and mass pilot sporting events.
- The Health and Social Services Minister Eluned Morgan has set-out plans for a £100m investment to kick-start the health and care system’s recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic.
- A written statement from the Welsh Government outlined how over 2 million people had received the first dose of the Coronavirus vaccine, and nearly 1 million had also received their second dose. This is excellent news and well done to all involved in making this happen.