- June 24, 2022
- Posted by: Vikki Howells MS
- Category: Latest News
Here are some of my highlights from the past week representing Cynon Valley in the Senedd.
- Meeting with primary school headteachers in Mountain Ash.
- Gave evidence at the Craig yr Hesg planning appeal heard before the Planning Inspectorate.
- Attended commemoration event for the Albion Colliery Disaster (pictured).
- Asked the First Minister to congratulate Rhigos Primary School on having the Best Breakfast Club in Wales.
- Led first plenary debate as Chair of the Senedd’s Standards of Conduct Committee.
- Briefing from Transport for Wales on the latest South Wales Metro developments.
- Access to free LFD tests will be extended in Wales until July 31st 2022.
- Children in Reception class will begin to receive universal primary free school meals from as early as September, the Welsh Government has confirmed.
- The Welsh Government will support 1,200 young people to start their own business as part of plans to foster a new culture of entrepreneurship among young people in Wales.