- September 24, 2021
- Posted by: Vikki Howells MS
- Category: Latest News
I hope you had an enjoyable summer. As the Senedd is back after recess, I am restarting my weekly round ups. Please find below some recent highlights:-
- Meeting with RCT Council to discuss unadopted housing estates.
- Met with ADAPT Gateway, a Cynon Valley based organisation supporting people with physical and mental health challenges through peer knowledge, education and training.
- Met with the British Lung Foundation to discuss support for people affected by lung conditions in the Cynon Valley.
- I questioned the First Minister on how the Welsh Government is supporting the tourism sector in Wales.
- I asked the Welsh Government how it is supporting food pantry schemes in Cynon Valley.
- This week is IPF Week 2021. IPF is a debilitating lung condition which affects over 2,000 people in Wales. I tabled a Statement of Opinion in the Senedd to raise awareness of the issues.
- I put forward a proposal for a new law that would ban the use of cruel snares and glue traps in Wales.