- June 25, 2021
- Posted by: Vikki Howells MS
- Category: Latest News
Please find below my latest weekly round up, containing some of my highlights from the past seven days:-
- Met with Cynon Valley GPs to discuss GP recruitment in the Valleys.
- Organised a memorial service to mark the 127th anniversary of the Albion Colliery disaster in Cilfynydd, in which 290 men and boys lost their lives in the second worst mining disaster to take place in the South Wales coalfield. Thanks to Father Gareth Coombes for conducting the service, and Pontypridd High School and Cilfynydd Primary School for taking part.
- Met with Luke Thomas, Committee member at Aberdare RFC, to see how the renovations at the club are progressing and talk about their plans for the future (pictured).
- Wrote to Ministers about the Social Care Financial Recognition Scheme after being contacted by constituents.
- Spoke in the debate on bus services, and sketched out my vision for what good future bus provision looks like.
- Pressed the Minister for Rural Affairs on the timetable for a ban on snaring as set out in the Welsh Government’s Programme for Government.
- Asked for an update on the publication of the Welsh Government’s Period Dignity Action Plan.
- Scrutinised the Deputy Minister for Climate Change on his Roads Review Statement.
- The Minister for Health gave an update on vaccination rates in Wales.
- People living in Wales who have received the COVID vaccine will now be able to access their vaccination status via the internet to generate an NHS COVID Pass for urgent outbound international travel.
- A new All Wales Weight Management Pathway to help tackle obesity has been published.
- Wales was the only country in the UK to increase inward investment during the pandemic.