- March 28, 2022
- Posted by: Vikki Howells MS
- Category: Latest News
My most recent weekly round up is a little late, but please find below information on some of my highlights from the past week.
- Attended community meetings in Cwmbach and Llwydcoed.
- Met with the Access to Cash campaign and Coalfields Regeneration Trust to discuss constituency issues.
- Visit to see recent improvements to Cilfynydd end of the Taff Trail carried out by RCT Council.
- Briefing on tackling waiting list backlog from Cwm Taf Morgannwg Health Board.
- Met with Rhondda Cynon Taf Trades Council.
- Online discussion with constituents and professionals about local support for people with neurological conditions.
- Questioned the First Minister on access to vaccination centres.
- Took part in a debate on HGV drivers speaking about how we can improve their access to good quality rest facilities.
- Tabled a Statement of Opinion ahead of World Parkinson’s Day.
- Wales will continue to gradually relax some of its remaining pandemic protections, the First Minister Mark Drakeford announced.
- A £500 Support Payment for Unpaid Carers has been announced by the Welsh Government.
- Welsh Ministers have responded to the UK Government’s threadbare Spring Statement, which lets down people struggling with rising cost of living.