- November 26, 2021
- Posted by: Vikki Howells MS
- Category: Latest News
This is my latest weekly round up, covering some of my highlights from the past seven days:-
- I took part in Penrhiwceiber’s Remembrance Service on Sunday 21 November.
- We held the latest meeting to discuss plans to create a memorial to the Albion Mining Disaster in Cilfynydd.
- Official opening of the Cynon Linc building in Aberdare with Welsh Government Minister Julie James MS.
- Met with RCT Council to discuss Aberdare and Mountain Ash town centres.
- Street surgery in Abercynon with local Councillors Elaine George and Rhys Lewis.
- The Co-operation Agreement, setting out how Welsh Labour and Plaid Cymru will work together over the next three years on policies where there is a common interest, was published. This includes a commitment to policies such as the provision of universal free breakfasts for primary school age pupils. Find out more.
- I asked the Minister for Social Justice about work to make Wales a Nation of Sanctuary.
- With Co-operative Group of Labour MSs, met with Deputy Climate Change Minister Lee Waters to discuss community transport.
- The Economy, Trade and Rural Affairs Committee met with environmental organisations and farming unions.
- A £45 million package of funding that will help small businesses across Wales to grow and support thousands of people to train to work in key sectors is being made available by the Welsh Government.
- The Welsh Government has set out its five priorities for research, development and innovation.
- Welsh Government Ministers met with young people from across Wales on Universal Children’s Day.