- May 27, 2022
- Posted by: Vikki Howells MS
- Category: Latest News
Please find below my latest weekly round up, covering some of my personal highlights from the past seven days. My next round up will be in two weeks time, but if you live in the Cynon Valley and I can ever be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
- Attended meeting of the Albion Colliery Disaster Memorial Group in Cilfynydd.
- Spoke to pupils in Aberdare Town CIW Primary School about my role as an MS.
- Met with Ynysybwl Regeneration Partnership to discuss on-going and future projects (pictured).
- Visit to ASD Rainbows in Perthcelyn.
- Questioned the First Minister on recycling and how we can prevent food waste in the first place.
- Scrutinised Welsh Government plans for the Welsh in education workforce.
- Spoke in support of ending the investment of pension funds in fossil fuels.
- Took part in a committee inquiry into the cost-of-living crisis.
- First Minister Mark Drakeford has confirmed the last remaining coronavirus protections in place to keep us safe will come to an end on Monday 30 May.
- There has been an update on Cwm Taf Morgannwg Health Board’s continuing work to improve maternity and neonatal services.
- The Welsh Government has published an update on its recent food poverty roundtable.
- The Welsh Government has launched its new Violence against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence (VAWDASV) National Strategy, to be in place until 2026.