- July 2, 2021
- Posted by: Vikki Howells MS
- Category: Latest News
Find below my latest Weekly Round Up, covering some of my work during the past seven days. As always, if you would like any further information please just get in touch.
- Meeting with the Chief Executive of social housing landlord Trivallis.
- I held a street surgery in Llwydcoed with Cllr Sharon Rees.
- I was honoured to be elected by MS colleagues to chair the Senedd’s Standards of Conduct Committee. You can follow the work of the Committee on its page on the Senedd’s website.
- I questioned the Minister for Economy on Welsh Government plans to introduce a Young Person’s Guarantee of work, training or employment for all our young people aged 16 to 25, a key manifesto pledge from May’s election.
- The Deputy Minister for Social Services updated MSs on Welsh Government plans to introduce the Real Living Wage for social care workers, another key pledge. I asked about eligibility and upskilling.
- I delivered a statement in the Senedd commemorating the Albion Colliery disaster in Cilfynydd.
- With colleagues from across the Senedd and the Wales Co-operative Centre, I relaunched the Cross-Party Group on Co-operatives and Mutuals during Co-operative Fortnight and was re-elected as the Group’s Chair.
- Further funding has been announced to support Welsh businesses affacted by COVID-19.
- The Minister for Health set out a path for a gradual increase in NHS dentistry services.
- The first ever all-Wales Wildlife and Rural Crime Coordinator, a post created by Welsh Government, has started work.
- Welsh Goverment reiterated its commitment to provide full business rate relief for retail, leisure and hospitality businesses until April 2022.
- A new grant scheme has been launched to help people struggling to pay their rent.