- February 4, 2022
- Posted by: Vikki Howells MS
- Category: Latest News
It’s been another busy week representing Cynon Valley as its Member of the Senedd. Please find below some of my highlights from the last week.
- Street Surgery in Mountain Ash with Cllrs Andrew Morgan and Wendy Treeby.
- I’ve encouraged Cynon Valley residents to see if they are eligible for the Welsh Government’s Winter Fuel Support Scheme, the value of which has doubled to £200.
- Two Cynon Valley primary schools are taking part in the Welsh Government’s exploration of whether the school day can be reformed. https://gov.wales/trial-begins-school-day-reforms-wales
- I asked the First Minister about how the Welsh Government can help people in Wales meet the cost of living crisis.
- I asked about Welsh Government funding to support businesses survive and recover from the Coronavirus pandemic.
- At the Economy, Trade and Rural Affairs Committee we considered fisheries policy and scrutinized the Development Bank of Wales.
- The Economy Minister has called on the UK Government to replace Wales’ lost £1 billion in its so-called “levelling up” drive.
- Over £190,000 funding for Mudiad Meithrin which will help nurture new Welsh speakers has been announced.
- A programme has been developed to help children and young people to consider futures in construction based on the dualling of Sections 5 and 6 of the A465 Heads of the Valleys road.
- Wales’ Cultural Recovery Fund 3 opens to new entrants.