- October 8, 2021
- Posted by: Vikki Howells MS
- Category: Latest News
Please find below some of my highlights from the last seven days.
- Meeting with Penrhiwceiber AFC to hear about the club’s exciting plans.
- Held a street surgery in Newtown, Mountain Ash.
- Attended community event organised by Pyrmin to discuss their vision for a tyre recycling facility.
- Visited Pen Y Cymoedd windfarm and heard how they are supporting local groups in Cynon.
- Supporting Aberdare BID’s fiver fest.
- Welcomed recent Welsh Government funding for play and childcare and asked how it can be used to support inclusive play provision.
- I scrutinised the Health Minister when she gave an update on work to ensure Cwm Taf Morgannwg maternity services are safe.
- Asked a question about community transport provision.
- I chaired a meeting of the Cross-Party Group on Co-operatives and Mutuals which discussed how we can better support community energy projects.
- I spoke at the 2021 Co-op Party conference.
- The First Minister published new plans to help keep Wales open and safe during the difficult autumn and winter months ahead.
- A new flexible programme focused on helping young people aged 16-18 reach their full potential and take their first steps into the world of work is being launched by the Welsh Government.
- Changes to international travel have been announced.
- The Welsh Government has set out its strategy to create an age friendly Wales.